17 people were killed on Wednesday afternoon in Florida because a bad guy with a gun decided to waltz into his old high school and mow down the innocent.
19-year-old Nicolas de Jesus Cruz is the shooter.
It is now being reported the FBI was warned about Cruz in September 2017.
Here are the details.
From Daily Wire:
According to a new report, the FBI was warned last September about a YouTube user named Nikolas Cruz who wrote in response to a video by a vlogger that he was “going to be a professional school shooter.”
On Wednesday, police arrested Nikolas Cruz, 19, on the suspicion of opening fire at his former high school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in south Florida. At least 17 people, including both students and faculty, are dead as a result of the massacre.
On Thursday, BuzzFeed reported that the FBI had been warned about someone of the same name in late September 2017. BuzzFeed spoke with the YouTube vlogger, Ben Bennight, 36, who said that he noticed an alarming response to one of his videos posted and immediately contacted the FBI.
“Agents with the bureau’s Mississippi field office got back to him ‘immediately,’ Bennight said, and conducted an in-person interview the following day, on Sept. 25,” BuzzFeed reports.
“They came to my office the next morning and asked me if I knew anything about the person. I didn’t,” the vlogger told BuzzFeed. “They took a copy of the screenshot and that was the last I heard from them.”
Below is a screenshot of Cruz’s September 24 post, which Bennight flagged and YouTube ultimately removed:
The FBI just made the shocking admission that they couldn’t identify the shooter even though his name was the username of the YouTube account.
From Los Angeles Times:
Nine months ago, a YouTube user with the handle “nikolas cruz” posted a comment on a Discovery UK documentary about the gunman in the 1966 University of Texas shooting that read, “I am going to what he did.”
Other past comments by YouTube users with Cruz’s name reportedly included one remark in September, saying: “Im going to be a professional school shooter.” At a news briefing in Florida, Robert Lasky, the FBI special agent in charge, confirmed that the FBI had investigated that comment. But he said the agency couldn’t identify the person in question.
AJC has more on Cruz:
-Cruz’s mother died in November. His father had died years earlier.
-He and his brother were adopted.
-He went to live with a friend’s family after his mother’s death.
-Cruz had been expelled from school
-He had posted “disturbing” material on social media, according to Israel.
-Buzzfeed is reporting that the FBI was warned about a YouTube user named Nikolas Cruz after he posted in September that he was “going to be a professional school shooter.
–The Miami Herald reports that a teacher at the school said Cruz had been identified as a potential threat to fellow students in the past. Math teacher Jim Gard told the Herald, “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”
-The shooting started outside the building, then Cruz went into the school and continued shooting
-Authorities think he walked out with other students after the shootings
-He had “multiple” magazines of ammunition
-He had an AR-15 weapon
-He had a gas mask and smoke grenades
-He pulled the fire alarm as he went into the school and then began shooting
-He was taken into custody off-campus
The families who are suffering right now are dealing with a pain most Americans will never know.
RIP to the deceased.
What a senseless act of pure evil!
[Note: This post was written by John S. Roberts]